Do You Want Home Insurance For UFO Damage?

If you’re like most people, your home is going to be the single largest purchase that you make in your lifetime. It likely was when you bought your first home, and it might only be surpassed in transaction size if you wind up buying a permanent or larger home later on.

This is the place where you and your family keep your possessions, rest and recuperate from being out in the world, and hopefully enjoy life and each other. Even at a more basic level, it provides you and yours protection from the elements, as you stay dry, safe, and comfortable.

Given that and how much you invest in it, you want to also protect it. Keeping the place up is key, but for the things you can’t do, you need home insurance. What homeowners insurance specifically covers will vary from policy to policy, state to state, and even sometimes from one town to the next. Water and fire damage are commonly covered, but things like hurricanes, floods, and other natural disasters might be extra.

One such extra would be home insurance for UFO damage. If you’ve never heard about it, you might be kind of chuckling right off the bat, thinking of paranoid people wearing tin foil hats worried about alien invasions damaging their homes, but it’s not as far fetched as you might think. According to statistics Vermont gets the most UFO sightings in the USA, so if you live in Vermont it makes sense to include UFO coverage to your homeowners plan.

Keep in mind that the definition of UFO is an unidentified flying object. While the pop culture reference is a flying saucer piloted by extraterrestrials, in a legal sense, at least in many cases, a UFO could be anything from a fragment of a meteor or satellite debris that survives atmospheric re-entry to pieces and parts from airplanes, helicopters, and weather balloons.

Read More